Ten Best-Ever Anxiety Treatment Techniques – Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Stephanie Sarkis will assist you in shaping the 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Techniques to your needs and will discuss:
- How to apply the techniques in difficult cases
- How these techniques apply to different age groups
- How these techniques can help with clients who have co-morbid diagnoses
- How to use these techniques with groups or individuals and in different types of psychological services: private practice, hospital units, classrooms, nursing facilities, etc.
This fresh approach will give you a complete set of tools to work with anxiety symptoms. Cutting-edge research tells clinicians not only what is new, but also tells us why what we have done best over the years works to help clients achieve positive results in therapy. In this seminar, you will learn, practice and be ready to apply 10 techniques that really work to stop symptoms of panic, worry and social anxiety.
These 10 proven methods can control most symptoms of panic, generalized anxiety and social anxiety. Through in-seminar practice and discussion case vignettes to illustrate their applications – you can make them strong, effective and lasting interventions. Methods that control physiology: diaphragmatic breathing, reducing tension, mindful awareness to offset panic or acute anxiety can be easy to learn but not simple to apply. We will discuss how to make them effective with different age groups and difficult clients if you want to obtain the best results for calming panic and dread. Likewise, controlling the cognitive problems of anxiety, such as catastrophizing or ruminatively worrying, challenge most with anxiety. Learn powerful techniques that cool off worry (“Worry well and only once!” “Knowing, Not Showing Anger”), and challenge faulty cognitions, the obstacles to improving panic and social anxiety (“Counter Cognitions”, etc.). You can help your clients identify and change the ways they avoid their social anxiety. Case examples will clarify planned re-entry to triggering situations, handling the stress of preparation and conducting in vivo exposure.
- List the 10 best techniques to diminish or eliminate the symptoms of panic, generalized anxiety or social anxiety.
- Differentiate between panic, generalized anxiety and social anxiety to avoid being sidetracked in treatment.
- Apply specific breathing and relaxation techniques that work as the cornerstone of controlling and then stopping panic attacks.
- Identify triggers and interrupt cognitions that set off panic attacks in your clients.
- Demonstrate how to “Cool off” the worried brain.
- Explain easily established lifestyle changes to clients to eliminate anxiety.
- Instruct clients on how to become effective in changing their avoidance behaviors with planned, practiced and carefully graduated exposure.
- Apply interventions for social anxiety that build on techniques to modulate physical arousal.