Are you getting stuck with how to treat clients who have chronic pain? Are your clients experiencing pain but the cause is unknown? It’s frustrating for you as a clinician, and painful and debilitating for your clients.
Join Dr. Stephanie Sarkis, psychotherapist, author, and international speaker, as she shows you concrete, research-based solutions using real-life examples of chronic pain relief in clients. She will show you how to create effective tailor-made treatments to decrease related stress, anxiety, depression, pain related ailments and possible suicidal tendencies.
Research-proven treatments include:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Mirror Therapy
- Mindfulness meditation
You will also learn acupressure techniques, discover how to create an effective guided imagery script, role play cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques, and see examples of mirror therapy for chronic pain.
- Explain how CBT treats for chronic pain.
- Discover pain as a learned response.
- Effectively assess chronic pain sequalae in your clients.
- Evaluate your client’s hidden signs of chronic pain.
- Analyze the mind’s power over pain signals in the body.
- Create cognitive behavioral homework assignments for clients.
- Access resources on chronic pain for clients.
- Explore how pain relief impacts daily functioning.