Yes, I am still a Lost addict. And tonight Gainesville was mentioned! I had to rewind it to make sure I heard it correctly. When Ben said, “In Gainesville, Florida…” I thought he would follow it up with some information that was vitally important to the overall mystery of the island. Nope. Ben was relating a story about some mold in Gainesville forming the shape of the Virgin Mary and 5,000 people showed up. (No, this did not actually happen.) I’m surprised they didn’t use Clearwater as the example, what with the Virgin Mary appearing on the side of a building there and all. But hey, how often do you hear Gainesville mentioned other than in sports broadcasts?
And we finally found out who is behind all this mayhem – Charles Widmore. Am I surprised? No.
My observations from tonight:
1. Of course, they make the therapist the creepy/evil one. (Well, not as creepy/evil as Ben, but pretty close).
2. I bet Michael is the spy on the freighter.
3. Anyone not surprised when Daniel was able to save the chemicals (or whatever) from exploding? I wasn’t. You just knew that he would be able to pull that off. No way they would wipe out 3 characters at once. Although I was guessing that the timer thing would go off and then -poof!- nothing would happen. Like it was set up to look dangerous, but really wasn’t.
4. Harper (therapist) told Juliet that she looked like someone Ben was attached to. I think she’s referring to Annie. I think Annie died during pregnancy (like all the other women on the island), and as a result, Ben kidnapped Alex.
5. No chemistry whatsoever between Jack and Juliet. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
6. Just when you think Ben has some redeeming qualities, he proves you wrong. Again.
7. Ben’s “You’re MINE!!!” comment to Juliet was creepier than almost anything else that he’s done. Almost. Killing his father with the poison gas was uber-creepy (and evil).
8. You just knew the combination to Ben’s safe would have “The Numbers” in it.
9. Why would Ben tape over the Red Sox game? What is wrong with him? Are there a lack of videotapes on the island?
10. Why is Dharma still dropping food/supplies onto the island? They must not have gotten the memo about the Purge. And how do these drops occur if it’s difficult enough just getting a helicopter to fly in there?
11. I think one of the Losties is a spy. My money’s either on Jin or Claire. That may be why she wanted to see Miles.
12. Does Miles still have the grenade in his mouth? Yikes.
13. One of the show’s writers must be from Gainesville and/or is a UF grad. Both Tallahassee and Gainesville have been mentioned on the show. And Tallahassee was definitely not presented in a favorable light both times it was mentioned.
14. The Losties still have clean tarps for their tents. No rips or tears. Amazing.
15. My guess for the remaining Oceanic Six? Jin and Sun. I don’t think Aaron is included in the Oceanic Six.
I ended with the number 15! How appropriate.